“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "Ya me suscribí a la versión digital de YES y te diré que me encanta. Ojalá tengáis todo el éxito del mundo con este nuevo proyecto."
- "I wish you the best and feel proud of the magazine because (it) is a very good one."
- "Ya les gustaría a muchos grandes como Longman o Cambridge hacer el inglés tan entretenido como vosotros."
- "Congratulations, the magazine is awesome! I bought the second issue, interesting articles, good conversations. You kept the same quality of Think in English. These magazines have been helping me to improve my English, mainly the listening."
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "I loved Yes. We like receiving magazines that feed us with today’s English and new ideas and Yes looks excellent. Also, good idea to “shorten” the articles."
- By Yes on 28/07/2014
Yes Magazine+ 14: “Origins: What Makes Us Unique? & the Secrets of the Neanderthals”.
- By Yes on 13/06/2014
The Shakespeare Special! In this volume of Yes we celebrate the life and work of…
- By Yes on 12/05/2014
Medical English: The Complete Guide + 12 Modern Medical Controversies.
- By Yes on 16/04/2014
‘Our Violent Planet’: volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, sinkholes and landslides.
- By Yes on 13/03/2014
‘Night, Dreams, Sleep’. The main theme of volume 10 is the night.
- By Yes on 27/02/2014
In Yes 9 we look at ‘The Language of Love’. We discover the seven wonders…
- By Yes on 03/01/2014
In volume 8 of Yes the dossier focuses on ‘The Secrets of the Bible’.
- By Yes on 28/11/2013
‘Lawyers vs. Zombies!’ Volume 7 focuses on the language of law and the Gothic…
- Does body type determine the sport you’re good at? (Think: sumo, basketball) #sports #efl #yesmag 15
- 4 lessons in creativity. A TED Talk about how to create in the face of challenge, self-doubt and loss. http://t.co/XAL9Pll8Pr #creativity
- "Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or doing it better". John Updike #creativity #yesmag 15 #EFL
- In Yes 15 find out why (and how) you should develop your creativity to ensure you have work in the future #creativity #EFL #yesmag 15
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” Thomas Edison #motivation #yesmag #EFL
- By Yes on 11/09/2014
- By Yes on 04/09/2014
- By Yes on 01/09/2014
- By Yes on 29/08/2014
- By Yes on 28/08/2014
- By Yes on 21/08/2014
- By Yes on 14/08/2014
- By Yes on 07/08/2014