“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
Looking for a good gift for friends or family? Why not give them a Yes gift certificate?
Choose from several options: an 80€ voucher for a print subscription; a 30€ gift certificate for a digital subscription or choose any amount you like! During the checkout process you will be able to enter the e-mail address of the recipient as well as a personalized message. Recipients will be able to use the gift certificate in the Yes shop to purchase a print or digital subscription. If you have choosen a special amount, recipients can use the shop credit to buy anything they would like.
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "Congratulations, the magazine is awesome! I bought the second issue, interesting articles, good conversations. You kept the same quality of Think in English. These magazines have been helping me to improve my English, mainly the listening."
- "Ya me suscribí a la versión digital de YES y te diré que me encanta. Ojalá tengáis todo el éxito del mundo con este nuevo proyecto."
- "Your magazine is very good."
- "I wish you the best and feel proud of the magazine because (it) is a very good one."
- "Yes magazine is very useful and also entertaining. I recommend to all the people who want to improve their English to buy them. It is better than Think in English."
The connection between the assassination of Lincoln and the performance of Julius Caesar four and a half months earlier…14/04/2016
Attitudes to male intimacy in military contexts can be fascinating to observe28/03/2016
Shakespeare’s plays have been more frequently performed in Spain over the last quarter of a century than those of…17/03/2016
- Do you think it is important for children to learn joined-up writing? #ESL #speaking #conversation #audioscripts https://t.co/WTOQqTw60v
- #History Terms and Euphony: turning war into poetry. Yes 29 https://t.co/WTOQqTw60v #ESL #grammar #englishlanguage
- #English is the #language of #globalization, of the system. However, English is also the language of #counterculrure. More in Yes 29.
- In Yes 29: "Game of Thrones & #English #History from 450 to 1485". https://t.co/WTOQqTw60v #GameOfThrones
- 94% of European secondary-school students are studying English. More in Yes29: How #English 'Conquered The World' https://t.co/hLfejMevKl
Decide if the word order in the following sentences is correct or not.24/09/2015
Test your knowledge of English expressions that use colour words.17/09/2015
Decide which of the following words can be written with -ize instead of -ise (and have to be written…10/09/2015
Determine which tense of ‘able to’ is being used in each case and then try to put the sentences…27/08/2015