“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
Looking for a good gift for friends or family? Why not give them a Yes gift certificate?
Choose from several options: an 80€ voucher for a print subscription; a 30€ gift certificate for a digital subscription or choose any amount you like! During the checkout process you will be able to enter the e-mail address of the recipient as well as a personalized message. Recipients will be able to use the gift certificate in the Yes shop to purchase a print or digital subscription. If you have choosen a special amount, recipients can use the shop credit to buy anything they would like.
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "This is to congratulate you and your team, on the new YES magazine. I bought the first issue and I really like it."
- "Ya me suscribí a la versión digital de YES y te diré que me encanta. Ojalá tengáis todo el éxito del mundo con este nuevo proyecto."
- "I wish you the best and feel proud of the magazine because (it) is a very good one."
- "Your magazine is very good."
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "Congratulations, the magazine is awesome! I bought the second issue, interesting articles, good conversations. You kept the same quality of Think in English. These magazines have been helping me to improve my English, mainly the listening."
Everyman: a medieval play with a very modern message11/06/2015
The Monty Python team famously lampooned faulty phrasebooks in the following sketch.08/06/2015
Women Authors of Children’s Literature: Part 206/05/2015
Women Authors of Children’s Literature: Part 105/05/2015
- Please note that Yes 23 will cover June and July and that the next issue of Your English supplement (Yes) will be appearing on August 1st.
- What's the difference between 'travel' and 'trip'? Yes23 - The Language of #tourism http://t.co/tlC04Nqn57 #ESL #TESOL
- Tourism is plagued by false friends, which can seriously hamper comunication. More in Yes23 - The language of tourism http://t.co/tlC04Nqn57
- 'Tourist' (1800) and 'tourism' (1811) appeared in English at the begining of the 19th Century. More in Yes23 http://t.co/tlC04Nqn57 #tourism