“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
Looking for a good gift for friends or family? Why not give them a Yes gift certificate?
Choose from several options: an 80€ voucher for a print subscription; a 30€ gift certificate for a digital subscription or choose any amount you like! During the checkout process you will be able to enter the e-mail address of the recipient as well as a personalized message. Recipients will be able to use the gift certificate in the Yes shop to purchase a print or digital subscription. If you have choosen a special amount, recipients can use the shop credit to buy anything they would like.
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "Ya les gustaría a muchos grandes como Longman o Cambridge hacer el inglés tan entretenido como vosotros."
- "Yes magazine is very useful and also entertaining. I recommend to all the people who want to improve their English to buy them. It is better than Think in English."
- "I wish you the best and feel proud of the magazine because (it) is a very good one."
- "I loved Yes. We like receiving magazines that feed us with today’s English and new ideas and Yes looks excellent. Also, good idea to “shorten” the articles."
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "Congratulations, the magazine is awesome! I bought the second issue, interesting articles, good conversations. You kept the same quality of Think in English. These magazines have been helping me to improve my English, mainly the listening."
Women Authors of Children’s Literature: Part 206/05/2015
Women Authors of Children’s Literature: Part 105/05/2015
Have you ever wondered where the original names came from?07/04/2015
Footnoted lyrics of Michael Jackson’s ‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin”.15/03/2015
- Test your #listening comprehension with our debates and improvisations http://t.co/1QE4W7T7LL #LearningEnglish #EFL #ESL
- Want to receive a free weekly exercise to improve your English? Subscribe to the Yes newsletter http://t.co/BCRDwkqvKe #EFL #ESL
- "Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal" T.S. Eliot
- "Into" is a preposition which usually expresses movement inside or entry. But, secondary meanings may imply conversion or convincing. #ESL
- Alice #idioms - "To go down the rabbit hole" = experience the unknown, hallucinate. Find more in #yesmag22 http://t.co/tlC04Nqn57