“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
Looking for a good gift for friends or family? Why not give them a Yes gift certificate?
Choose from several options: an 80€ voucher for a print subscription; a 30€ gift certificate for a digital subscription or choose any amount you like! During the checkout process you will be able to enter the e-mail address of the recipient as well as a personalized message. Recipients will be able to use the gift certificate in the Yes shop to purchase a print or digital subscription. If you have choosen a special amount, recipients can use the shop credit to buy anything they would like.
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "This is to congratulate you and your team, on the new YES magazine. I bought the first issue and I really like it."
- "Your magazine is very good."
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "I loved Yes. We like receiving magazines that feed us with today’s English and new ideas and Yes looks excellent. Also, good idea to “shorten” the articles."
- "Congratulations, the magazine is awesome! I bought the second issue, interesting articles, good conversations. You kept the same quality of Think in English. These magazines have been helping me to improve my English, mainly the listening."
- "Yes magazine is very useful and also entertaining. I recommend to all the people who want to improve their English to buy them. It is better than Think in English."
Footnoted lyrics of Michael Jackson’s ‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin”.15/03/2015
Here are the footnoted lyrics for Iron Maiden’s ‘Lord of the Flies’.15/03/2015
Footnoted lyrics for Aerosmith’s ‘I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing’.14/03/2015
Footnoted lyrics of Michael Jackson’s ‘Jam’.14/03/2015
- Angry #idioms: to go ape / go ape-crazy / to go apeshit = to behave in a crazy, uncontrolled way. #esl #Efl
- Perhaps the best known piece of dietary advice is that #breakfast is the most important meal in the day. What do you think? #health #esl
- Can #pop #lyrics be considered #poetry? Do you think it is right to teach pop lyrics in schools? #esl #conversation
- Do you think employers should be responsible for preventing agressive behivior within their company? #conversation #esl #efl
- #English contains several -arian #words that come directly from Latin and have no root word in English. e.g. egalitarian. #esl