“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
Looking for a good gift for friends or family? Why not give them a Yes gift certificate?
Choose from several options: an 80€ voucher for a print subscription; a 30€ gift certificate for a digital subscription or choose any amount you like! During the checkout process you will be able to enter the e-mail address of the recipient as well as a personalized message. Recipients will be able to use the gift certificate in the Yes shop to purchase a print or digital subscription. If you have choosen a special amount, recipients can use the shop credit to buy anything they would like.
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "Ya me suscribí a la versión digital de YES y te diré que me encanta. Ojalá tengáis todo el éxito del mundo con este nuevo proyecto."
- "I wish you the best and feel proud of the magazine because (it) is a very good one."
- "This is to congratulate you and your team, on the new YES magazine. I bought the first issue and I really like it."
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "Ya les gustaría a muchos grandes como Longman o Cambridge hacer el inglés tan entretenido como vosotros."
- "Congratulations, the magazine is awesome! I bought the second issue, interesting articles, good conversations. You kept the same quality of Think in English. These magazines have been helping me to improve my English, mainly the listening."
- It is possible to say almost anything in English using nautical expressions. Find more on maritime #idioms in Yes 27 https://t.co/zdDAnUqKFw
- "People shouldn't be like objects. They aren't that valuable." Comedian P.J. O'Rourke #philosophy #English #EFL
- To deck sth. out= improve the appearance of sth. The allusion is to a ship's deck being prepared for inspection. Maritime #phrasalverb Yes27
- "Men are born ignorant, not stupid; they are made stupid by education." Philosopher Bertrand Russell For more on #philosophy read Yes 27.
- Damon Horowitz talking about his #philosophy class in St. Quentin's prison at: https://t.co/3STufTLX1D Find more on Yes 27 #English #efl
- To be laid up= be forced to stay in bed. The expression was originally applied to a boat that was waiting to be repaired. #prhasalverbs #efl
Decide if the word order in the following sentences is correct or not.24/09/2015
Test your knowledge of English expressions that use colour words.17/09/2015
Decide which of the following words can be written with -ize instead of -ise (and have to be written…10/09/2015
Determine which tense of ‘able to’ is being used in each case and then try to put the sentences…27/08/2015