“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "Ya les gustaría a muchos grandes como Longman o Cambridge hacer el inglés tan entretenido como vosotros."
- "Yes magazine is very useful and also entertaining. I recommend to all the people who want to improve their English to buy them. It is better than Think in English."
- "This is to congratulate you and your team, on the new YES magazine. I bought the first issue and I really like it."
- "I wish you the best and feel proud of the magazine because (it) is a very good one."
- "Your magazine is very good."
- "Ya me suscribí a la versión digital de YES y te diré que me encanta. Ojalá tengáis todo el éxito del mundo con este nuevo proyecto."
- By Yes on 28/07/2014
Yes Magazine+ 14: “Origins: What Makes Us Unique? & the Secrets of the Neanderthals”.
- By Yes on 13/06/2014
The Shakespeare Special! In this volume of Yes we celebrate the life and work of…
- By Yes on 12/05/2014
Medical English: The Complete Guide + 12 Modern Medical Controversies.
- By Yes on 16/04/2014
‘Our Violent Planet’: volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, sinkholes and landslides.
- By Yes on 13/03/2014
‘Night, Dreams, Sleep’. The main theme of volume 10 is the night.
- By Yes on 27/02/2014
In Yes 9 we look at ‘The Language of Love’. We discover the seven wonders…
- By Yes on 03/01/2014
In volume 8 of Yes the dossier focuses on ‘The Secrets of the Bible’.
- By Yes on 28/11/2013
‘Lawyers vs. Zombies!’ Volume 7 focuses on the language of law and the Gothic…
- Amharic, the language of Ethiopia, has a punctuation mark (called ‘temherte slaq’) that denotes #sarcasm. #languages #EFL
- If you always wait for motivation to come first, you’ll be waiting half your life to reach your goals. #yesmag #EFL http://t.co/zda4lXOz0N
- More than 50% of British women aged 50 and under have never been married. In 1980 the figure was less than25%. #history #EFL
- The only planet not named after a god is our own, Earth. The others are Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune. #yesmag #EFL
- As well as many adjectives that mean 'crazy', #English has a lot of #Idioms to describe a person's degree of craziness. Do you know some?
- By Yes on 21/08/2014
- By Yes on 14/08/2014
- By Yes on 07/08/2014
- By Yes on 31/07/2014
- By Yes on 28/07/2014
- By Yes on 24/07/2014
- By Yes on 17/07/2014
- By Yes on 16/07/2014