“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "Congratulations, the magazine is awesome! I bought the second issue, interesting articles, good conversations. You kept the same quality of Think in English. These magazines have been helping me to improve my English, mainly the listening."
- "Ya les gustaría a muchos grandes como Longman o Cambridge hacer el inglés tan entretenido como vosotros."
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "I loved Yes. We like receiving magazines that feed us with today’s English and new ideas and Yes looks excellent. Also, good idea to “shorten” the articles."
- "Ya me suscribí a la versión digital de YES y te diré que me encanta. Ojalá tengáis todo el éxito del mundo con este nuevo proyecto."
- "This is to congratulate you and your team, on the new YES magazine. I bought the first issue and I really like it."
- By Yes on 28/07/2014
Yes Magazine+ 14: “Origins: What Makes Us Unique? & the Secrets of the Neanderthals”.
- By Yes on 13/06/2014
The Shakespeare Special! In this volume of Yes we celebrate the life and work of…
- By Yes on 12/05/2014
Medical English: The Complete Guide + 12 Modern Medical Controversies.
- By Yes on 16/04/2014
‘Our Violent Planet’: volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, sinkholes and landslides.
- By Yes on 13/03/2014
‘Night, Dreams, Sleep’. The main theme of volume 10 is the night.
- By Yes on 27/02/2014
In Yes 9 we look at ‘The Language of Love’. We discover the seven wonders…
- By Yes on 03/01/2014
In volume 8 of Yes the dossier focuses on ‘The Secrets of the Bible’.
- By Yes on 28/11/2013
‘Lawyers vs. Zombies!’ Volume 7 focuses on the language of law and the Gothic…
- The People’s Republic of China, still dedicated to atheist communism in theory, is the world’s biggest publisher of #Bibles. #efl
- The founder of Pan Am airlines was Juan Trippe (which Anglos pronounce like ‘one trip’). #FunFact #efl
- "There is thy gold, worse poison to men's souls". Romeo in Romeo and Juliet. The #Economics of #Shakespeare #yesmag 13
- Mothers in their 40s are twice as likely to have #left-handed children as mothers in their 20s. #efl
- By Yes on 28/07/2014
- By Yes on 24/07/2014
- By Yes on 17/07/2014
- By Yes on 16/07/2014
- By Yes on 10/07/2014
- By Yes on 03/07/2014
- By Yes on 02/07/2014
- By Yes on 26/06/2014