“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "Your magazine is very good."
- "I loved Yes. We like receiving magazines that feed us with today’s English and new ideas and Yes looks excellent. Also, good idea to “shorten” the articles."
- "Ya les gustaría a muchos grandes como Longman o Cambridge hacer el inglés tan entretenido como vosotros."
- "Congratulations, the magazine is awesome! I bought the second issue, interesting articles, good conversations. You kept the same quality of Think in English. These magazines have been helping me to improve my English, mainly the listening."
- "This is to congratulate you and your team, on the new YES magazine. I bought the first issue and I really like it."
- "I wish you the best and feel proud of the magazine because (it) is a very good one."
- By Yes on 28/07/2014
Yes Magazine+ 14: “Origins: What Makes Us Unique? & the Secrets of the Neanderthals”.
- By Yes on 13/06/2014
The Shakespeare Special! In this volume of Yes we celebrate the life and work of…
- By Yes on 12/05/2014
Medical English: The Complete Guide + 12 Modern Medical Controversies.
- By Yes on 16/04/2014
‘Our Violent Planet’: volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, sinkholes and landslides.
- By Yes on 13/03/2014
‘Night, Dreams, Sleep’. The main theme of volume 10 is the night.
- By Yes on 27/02/2014
In Yes 9 we look at ‘The Language of Love’. We discover the seven wonders…
- By Yes on 03/01/2014
In volume 8 of Yes the dossier focuses on ‘The Secrets of the Bible’.
- By Yes on 28/11/2013
‘Lawyers vs. Zombies!’ Volume 7 focuses on the language of law and the Gothic…
- Britain has invaded at some point in #history 171 out of the world’s 193 countries. #EnglishLearners #yesmag
- "Now may soul hath elbow room" #KingJohn Elbow-room= enough space to move comfortably. #Shakespeare idioms #efl #yesmag 13
- “The man who does not work for the love of work but only for money is not likely to make money or find much fun in life” Charles M. Schwab
- Both ‘Honda’ and ‘Toyota’ mean ‘paddy field’ (= field in which rice is grown) in Japanese. #languages #EFL
- By Yes on 01/09/2014
- By Yes on 29/08/2014
- By Yes on 28/08/2014
- By Yes on 21/08/2014
- By Yes on 14/08/2014
- By Yes on 07/08/2014
- By Yes on 31/07/2014
- By Yes on 28/07/2014