“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "Yes magazine is very useful and also entertaining. I recommend to all the people who want to improve their English to buy them. It is better than Think in English."
- "Your magazine is very good."
- "Ya me suscribí a la versión digital de YES y te diré que me encanta. Ojalá tengáis todo el éxito del mundo con este nuevo proyecto."
- "I loved Yes. We like receiving magazines that feed us with today’s English and new ideas and Yes looks excellent. Also, good idea to “shorten” the articles."
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "This is to congratulate you and your team, on the new YES magazine. I bought the first issue and I really like it."
- By Yes on 20/09/2014
Yes Magazine+ Volume 15 – The Language and Secrets of Sports
- By Yes on 28/07/2014
Yes Magazine+ 14: “Origins: What Makes Us Unique? & the Secrets of the Neanderthals”.
- By Yes on 13/06/2014
The Shakespeare Special! In this volume of Yes we celebrate the life and work of…
- By Yes on 12/05/2014
Medical English: The Complete Guide + 12 Modern Medical Controversies.
- By Yes on 16/04/2014
‘Our Violent Planet’: volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, sinkholes and landslides.
- By Yes on 13/03/2014
‘Night, Dreams, Sleep’. The main theme of volume 10 is the night.
- By Yes on 27/02/2014
In Yes 9 we look at ‘The Language of Love’. We discover the seven wonders…
- By Yes on 03/01/2014
In volume 8 of Yes the dossier focuses on ‘The Secrets of the Bible’.
- Contradictanyms: words that have two different meanings which are more or less opposites. Learn more in #yesmag 16 'Radical Grammar' #ESL
- This is Shakespeare we found him in a park the day we finish Yes 14. Not an easy selfie to do! Have a nice #weekend! http://t.co/Nz0fJ19EfB
- Can you spot what's wrong in this sign? http://t.co/d5wk7v1POT Tell us below. (Courtesy of Robbie K. Jones)
- We’d love to receive your photos of broken English signs, menus, etc. Remember this is for learning purposes not to criticize anybody. #ESL
- RT @robbiekjones: http://t.co/BwzgZaDJ3S If you're in Madrid take your children to this show and have a good time!
- We're publishing a #grammar pointer every day in October on Facebook http://t.co/SRfpS5uMxd #LearnEnglish #yesmag http://t.co/RdFskQbznX
- By Yes on 23/10/2014
- By Yes on 16/10/2014
- By Yes on 09/10/2014
- By Yes on 03/10/2014
- By Yes on 02/10/2014
- By Yes on 30/09/2014
- By Yes on 26/09/2014
- By Yes on 20/09/2014