“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "I wish you the best and feel proud of the magazine because (it) is a very good one."
- "Yes magazine is very useful and also entertaining. I recommend to all the people who want to improve their English to buy them. It is better than Think in English."
- "Ya me suscribí a la versión digital de YES y te diré que me encanta. Ojalá tengáis todo el éxito del mundo con este nuevo proyecto."
- "I loved Yes. We like receiving magazines that feed us with today’s English and new ideas and Yes looks excellent. Also, good idea to “shorten” the articles."
- "Ya les gustaría a muchos grandes como Longman o Cambridge hacer el inglés tan entretenido como vosotros."
- By Yes on 13/06/2014
The Shakespeare Special! In this volume of Yes we celebrate the life and work of…
- By Yes on 12/05/2014
Medical English: The Complete Guide + 12 Modern Medical Controversies.
- By Yes on 16/04/2014
‘Our Violent Planet’: volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, sinkholes and landslides.
- By Yes on 13/03/2014
‘Night, Dreams, Sleep’. The main theme of volume 10 is the night.
- By Yes on 27/02/2014
In Yes 9 we look at ‘The Language of Love’. We discover the seven wonders…
- By Yes on 03/01/2014
In volume 8 of Yes the dossier focuses on ‘The Secrets of the Bible’.
- By Yes on 28/11/2013
‘Lawyers vs. Zombies!’ Volume 7 focuses on the language of law and the Gothic…
- By Yes on 06/11/2013
In this issue we discuss robots and take a fresh, challening look at emotions.
- In 1913 Hitler, Stalin, Tito, Trotsky, Freud, Jung and Wittgenstein were all living in #Vienna #coincidence #efl
- More people have been killed by sandcastles over the last 25 years than by #sharks. #FunFact #yessummer
- Don't miss our #SummerSale for the Yes app, an interactive version of Yes Magazine specially designed for the iPad http://t.co/qhg5WnofPe
- By Yes on 24/07/2014
- By Yes on 17/07/2014
- By Yes on 16/07/2014
- By Yes on 10/07/2014
- By Yes on 03/07/2014
- By Yes on 02/07/2014
- By Yes on 26/06/2014
- By Yes on 19/06/2014