“YES is a magazine that gets everything right.
It more than lives up to its editorial claim that English learners will ‘discover the pleasure of learning’. Well-chosen spoken and written content, combined with accessible and attractive page-design is the key – but once someone is attracted to read, the crucial test is how the material is handled from the learner’s point of view, and it is here that YES excels, with its compact within-page treatments and above all its footnoted definitions in easier English. I know from personal experience how tricky it is to provide that kind of lexical support, having compiled an English-learners’ glossary of a novel using a restricted defining vocabulary, and the glosses to my mind are one of the magazine’s best features. I give a resounding ‘yes’ to YES.”
PROFESSOR DAVID CRYSTAL
Best-selling author and world-renown guru on the English language
Looking for a good gift for friends or family? Why not give them a Yes gift certificate?
Choose from several options: an 80€ voucher for a print subscription; a 30€ gift certificate for a digital subscription or choose any amount you like! During the checkout process you will be able to enter the e-mail address of the recipient as well as a personalized message. Recipients will be able to use the gift certificate in the Yes shop to purchase a print or digital subscription. If you have choosen a special amount, recipients can use the shop credit to buy anything they would like.
What Our Readers Are Saying
- "Your magazine is very good."
- "I read the first number of YES and I like it very much."
- "Ya me suscribí a la versión digital de YES y te diré que me encanta. Ojalá tengáis todo el éxito del mundo con este nuevo proyecto."
- "Yes magazine is very useful and also entertaining. I recommend to all the people who want to improve their English to buy them. It is better than Think in English."
- "Congratulations, the magazine is awesome! I bought the second issue, interesting articles, good conversations. You kept the same quality of Think in English. These magazines have been helping me to improve my English, mainly the listening."
- "Ya les gustaría a muchos grandes como Longman o Cambridge hacer el inglés tan entretenido como vosotros."
Do you have the right character to get the job?12/08/2015
Put yourself in the interviewer’s shoes.10/08/2015
Answer questions relating to health in such a way that you give the impression that you take responsibility for…07/08/2015
The job interview is about what you’re like. Will you fit in with the team?05/08/2015
- "What do you think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea." Mahatma Gandhi #humor #yesmag24 #efl
- Job Interviews: A Question of Character - Yes Magazine 24 http://t.co/QBdbbkmNIc
- A six-year-old laughs, on average, 300 times a day; an adult only 15 times. "Humor Makes us Human". Find more in Yes 24. #humor #efl #esol
Determine which tense of ‘able to’ is being used in each case and then try to put the sentences…27/08/2015
This exercise concentrates on false friends ending with -ble. Find and correct the mistakes in the following sentences.20/08/2015
This word-building exercise tests your knowledge of English vocabulary and your ability to ability to create new words based…13/08/2015
Test your English preposition prowess by filling in the gaps in the following sentences with an appropriate word.06/08/2015