Idioms Exercise – Colors
Test your knowledge of English idioms by filling the gaps in the following expressions with a colour word:
1. Samuel seems to think it is really important to work for a ______-chip company but I prefer to work for a small family firm.
2. I do wish he’d stop ____-nosing and concentrate on working with the rest of the team.
3. The novel would have been much more forceful if it had been written without all those _______ patches.
4. The _____back finally moved into positive territory against the Euro and the Yen today.
5. If we ignore the _____ economy we will miss out on a major market opportunity. Gay consumers could be an important sector for our products.
6. It’s his stag night and he’s determined to paint the town _____ before getting married.
7. My new refrigerator has _____tooth technology and it tells me when I run out of eggs or milk.
8. Apartments in that part of town are relatively cheap because it’s the ____-light district.
9. All this _____-sky thinking is all very well but we must concentrate on the bottom line. It’s profits that keep us in business.
10. You can be sure to get the ____-carpet treatment in that hotel. It’s the best one in the city.